Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Leftovers

Easter dinner was a hit. Our friends brought ham, coleslaw, rolls, Texas sheet cake-which is a thin chocolate cake made with sour cream,- plus banana cream pie and chocolate peanut butter pie. All this on top of my dinner menu I shared with you last week (see previous post). Needless to say we had plenty of food.

If you saw the recipes from last week, I now HIGHLY recommend trying the Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Scone recipe! They were delicious. My husband and my two teenage boys all commented on them.

They say confession's good for the soul, so here I confess to you all that I've let my eating get a little out of control. Easter is a holiday, an honorable excuse, but even before Easter I'd been eating too much flour and sugar (to which my body never responds kindly) and too little of the fresh veggies I need.

So this week, I'm determined to take back control. I'd also like to be a wise steward and use up the Easter leftovers. With these goals in mind I made a simple omelet using some of our leftovers.

Easter Omelet

Make individual omelets in a smaller, cast-iron, frying pan. I used three eggs for each of my sons who eat more and never gain weight. My husband and I hadn't fully regained our appetite so we split a three egg omelet. After pouring the eggs into the pan, I added chopped asparagus from my casserole (see the recipe from last week). This included a crunchy breaded topping and chunks of Parmesan. I also added some chopped, sauteed onions and chunks of ham.

Served with a salad (leftover if you have it) this is a quick, cost-effective and satisfying meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment